Monday, August 24, 2009

Neat Mosquito

Some interesting critters we came across in the garden yesterday morning. An amazing example of Bird's Nest Fungus that I would've missed entirely if I hadn't been weeding intently. The cups were tiny, about a quarter inch each. They're so cool, I wonder why nature thought this would be a good form for this fungus to take.

Our raspberries have about taken over. They've grown so far you have to climb over the grapevines to reach the back side of the bushes. It was fun to pick them, but in an odd way I think I like weeding more. I reached for one berry and encountered a crab spider. I decided it could keep that berry and I'd move onto the next cluster.

1 comment:

Momma said...

What a bunch of awesomeness!! Your land is beautiful & it sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying the new digs. I am happy for you :)