Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gas is getting scary

I know we all agree on the ridiculous nature of gasoline pricing. Ever since Katrina it's been a continual contest to see how much they can gouge us at the pump. But what's happened surrounding Ike is freakin unbelievable. I bought gas last week, figuring I'd better get it before Ike nears the Gulf Coast refineries. That afternoon we went to fill up the truck and gas was 30 cents more per gallon. We saw the line of cars waiting to fill up and went back home. Yesterday it was up to $3.99/gallon. In Salem I saw a place at $4.34 for regular. I drove by Sheetz today (the biggest gas station nearby) and joked that their sign didn't even have prices up because they were changing too fast. No, it's because they were OUT OF GAS. I can't wait to see what price they charge once they get their tanks refilled. Un-effin-believable.

No comments: