Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Year End Review

What a tumultuous year. When I sat back to think on it, 2007 might be one of the most important years of my life so far. Quite a lot of negative, confusing, scary things happened. But so many wonderful things also occurred, a lot centered around connecting with friends and family. I really learned a lot about myself this year. I'm just enough of a traditionalist to always start the new year with a plate of cornbread. No black-eyed peas, sorry.

A friend posted a couple year-end lists that inspired me to write my own versions after reading hers. I think they're a really cool idea, and plan on trying to accomplish the things in the first list. So, here goes:

Things I want to do before I die (the "Bucket List" according to that new movie):
1. Groom a chimpanzee
2. Milk a cow
3. Speak at a professional conference
4. Make working out regularly a part of my life.
5. Knit a sweater for myself and wear it.
6. Attend SOAR (Spin-Off Autumn Retreat)--a 3 day intensive handspinning classes/events
7. Perform an unchoreographed bellydance solo
8. Learn to sing.
9. Get things done when I start them.
10. Have a perpetually tidy house.
11. See a Georgia O'Keefe exhibit
12.

Things I'm proud of so far:
1. Being a cancer survivor
2. Demonstrating handspinning and teaching others to drop spindle
3. Initiating my own collaborative studies with physicians
4. Graduating from William & Mary
5. Doing a solo bellydance performance
6. Camping without any modern items, even a tent
7. Sewing a fully boned corset and enjoying wearing it
8. Canning fresh food grown in my garden
9. Auditioning for The Vagina Monologues
10. Not letting shyness stop me from anything at Triboriginal
11. My innate knitting ability
12. Being a girly tomboy
13.

I don't do resolutions, but these came into my head when I thought of the idea, so here goes:
1. Think before you speak.
2. Make the effort to stay in touch with new found old friends.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Great lists Darcy. At some point I might post my own, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. We're leaving this evening for Puerto Rico. Talk to you soon.